Industry: Builders Providers and Home Improvement/DIY Retail
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North East
Working Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday
Reporting To: Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports: External Sales Reps and Internal Back Office Sales
Now hiring a fantastic new Area Sales Manager role with the industry leader in its sector. You will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager and have responsibility for driving sales in two of their leading retail outlets in Meath and Louth as well as managing key accounts and field sales teams members.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in area sales and operations management. If you enjoy driving sales revenue, meeting revenue growth targets, developing customer relationships and management of key accounts, this role will give you lots of scope to do just that. You will also be responsible for maximising sales team potential and establishing sales plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving sales development within the assigned geographical area of both Branches.
- Identify both struggling and successful sales initiatives and explore ways to improve on sales metrics.
- Plan and execute sales meetings to help provide feedback and sales insights.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Regularly review sales data.
- Create reports for Management teams.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the Company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence.
- Objective setting, monitoring and evaluating sales performance.
- Develop and sustain long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with customers and understanding their needs.
- Present on sales, revenue and expenses reports with realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts, while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Manage two External Reps and Internal back-office sales
- Responsible for Key Accounts.
- Proven sales experience and knowledge of the industry, including familiarity with current trends.
- Experience with customer relationship software and services.
- Committed to driving sales and skilled at managing sales teams.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to participate and contribute to sales strategy discussions and be a team player.
- Strong communication skills, in both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate across different levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Notable interpersonal skills with a positive demeanour.
- Self-motivated, organised.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Full clean driving license, willingness to travel regularly to attend and host meetings and assist with general management duties.
- Industry Leading Salary – Circa €60k or more depending on experience
- Commission Structure (To be discussed at the interview)
- Performance related Bonus (To be discussed at the interview)
- Company Car
- Phone and Lap Top
- Health Insurance
- Fuel Card
- Employee discount
- Bike to Work
Please note that this is a condensed version of the job spec for reasons of confidentiality. We would be happy to forward a full version on receipt of your application to candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined by our client.
Tactical Talent Recruitment is Ireland’s only specialist recruitment agency for Home, Construction and DIY retail.
Due to the high volume of applications, we can only respond to suitably qualified applicants. If you wish to find out who the hiring company is, please send an application and we will call you for a confidential initial discussion. We only submit your details to our clients with prior permission from each candidate after your suitability for a role has been discussed.
Important Notice – By making an application for this role with Tactical Talent Recruitment, the company may store your personal details on our company database. We will only use your information for job-seeking services and will never share it with a third party.